There's nothing more annoying than that last little bit of Windex that won't come. Most spray bottles are horribly designed, with the suction tube usually the culprit, but you can replace it and have a spray bottle that works in any position in about five minutes.
- Spray bottle
- Flexible tubing (1/8" in diameter)
- 5 stainless steel nuts (or other weight)
- Glue (if needed for weights)
Cut the suction tube connected to the spray bottle to about one inch. Cut the flexible tube to about one inch longer than the piece that you removed.
Fit the flexible tube over the one attached to the spray bottle.
Attach the weights to the end of the tube. You can use glue if they don't fit perfectly.
The weights will ensure that the opening of the tube is always submerged in liquid, so you can spray from any position.
You're all set!
You'd be amazed at all the things you can do with a spray bottle, like turn it into a handheld misting fan to beat the summer heat, or even a mini flamethrower. But sometimes the best thing is just fixing flaws for a better version, like this spray-at-any-angle bottle.
Check out the original tutorial by DIYHacksAndHowTos.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades