So this is what I did for the dashbount phone holder. I used a cologne box. A lot of them come with another box inside thats much more sturdier than the one on the ouside.
I didnt take pictures from the beginning so bear with me.
Heres what the finished box looks like:
Just realized I took the picture the wrong way.......
But as you see, the box rests just above my cars GPS screen, held on by two velcro tapes. The tapes are attached to the A/C bars with a loop.
The tapes go through four holes in the box (they get covered so it doesn't look bad).
(The right side is the bottom). That small groove/design was made to access the phone ( I used to have an iPhone so the groove was made to acess the home button) when it's docked.
I also grooved the left side down so the driver can see the screen from his side without really moving his head:
And of course, I added a hole on the bottom to connect the charger:
And with a phone:
I also found that the flap on the top is a really good sunshade (and its completly adjustable too!).
Well thats it, thanks to Christian for the idea, for I did this after reading his post.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades