Contrary to popular belief, IKEA can get pretty expensive. You find something that comes pretty cheap, but then, you decide that your GORF will look good with the BLERGH, and you really need the SPLOOF to tie it all together. Pretty soon, your living room looks like an IKEA magazine ad, and your bank account has seen better days.
Instead of spending so much money at IKEA, why not build your own pieces of furniture?
After a recent move, industrial designer Adrian Candela realized he had a substantial amount of cardboard, so he put it to good use. Instead of wasting any more money on furniture, he decided to turn all of the cardboard boxes into furniture pieces, including this nightstand.
All he used were a few sheets of cardboard, an X-Acto knife, a pencil, a triangle (optional) and a cutting board. The plans for this simple nightstand can be found on his website.
The possibilities with cardboard and furniture are endless, as YouTube user ObviouslyBenHughes shows us how to make a simple cardboard chair that not only holds up to 180 lbs, but also holds drinks and magazines (and looks pretty great doing it).
Get creative and save up all those boxes you get from Costco. You never know...it could become your next bed frame.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades