Toothpicks can be surprisingly handy when it comes to woodworking and fixing small household problems like stripped screw holes and scratched furniture. They can also be used as a quick fix for a hard-to-close door that has to be forced or slammed shut.
Most of the time, a stubborn door just needs its hinges adjusted, either because the door is too heavy for the frame or not positioned properly.
But it's easy to straighten it out with a few toothpicks and a screwdriver.
First, remove the screws from the hinge and put a toothpick in each hole. If the toothpicks are too long, break them so they're long enough to reach the back of the holes.
Now, use a screwdriver to replace the screws and break off any pieces of toothpicks that are sticking out. Your door should now open and close normally. Head over to Apartment Therapy for more details and photos.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades