Most of us are used to just grabbing a bag and throwing it in the microwave when we want popcorn. It's easy, convenient, and requires little to no cleanup. But what about those times when you're away from home and don't have access to a microwave?
You can buy a popcorn popper specifically made to use over a campfire, but if you don't go camping a lot it's not worth the money or storage space. For the occasional trip, all you need to make your own popcorn is an empty beer (or soda) can.
All you have to do is use sandpaper or another rough surface to scratch up one side of the can, then cut out a flap near the top. To use it, just put a little oil in the bottom of the can, throw in the unpopped kernels and put it over a flame. The flap will help make sure your popcorn ends up in a bowl, not all over your floor.
Check out CrazyRussianHacker's video to see it step by step.
Want more campfire cooking hacks? Yumi's got you covered with 7 ways to cook a campfire meal with no pots or pans.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades