So you bought a new flat screen, and now you have to tackle the next issue—you have to mount it somewhere. Most people go for the wall, which is the most obvious place, but if you want to go for something a little different, the ceiling is always an option, too.
There are plenty of ceiling mounts available, but if you're the DIY type, or just want to save a little cash, this solution by Redditor old__two__thumbs might do the trick. All you need is some unistrut, a few short pieces of black pipe, and your basic bolts, washers, and nuts.
Start by screwing two pieces of unistrut onto the back of the television, then attach one of the pieces of black pipe. Two more pieces of unistrut attach to the pipe, then two more in the opposite direction on top of those.
One more piece of black pipe completes the mount, which is attached to a board that lets it hang from the ceiling. The cables are fed through the pipe, which connects to a hole in the board, to give the setup a clean look.
The final result looks pretty pro, if you ask me!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades